You might have noticed that while you are some web pages on your Google Chrome browser, an error that appears on your website which says err_cache_miss.
Above the err_cache_miss error, there appears another sentence which says Confirm Form Resubmission.
The reason behind this err_cache_miss error is the caching problem which Google Chrome faces while caching the files from the websites.
Therefore when it fails to cache the data from the website, it eventually provides you to result saying err_cache_miss error.
But from now you don’t need to worry.
This post is going to teach you how to fix the err_cache_miss error.
How to fix the err_cache_miss error?
There are various ways to fix the err_cache_miss error.
But I would like to recommend you some of the fixes which you should try and I hope it would definitely solve your problem.
Moreover, if you can’t find a solution with the first method, make sure you try another method one by one and it would solve your error.
So without further ado, let’s begin
1) Clear all your browsing data in Google Chrome
The first and foremost method I would like to recommend you to solve the err_cache_miss error is clearing the browsing data of the web browser.
You should clear your data as because there exist numerous numbers of the malicious file in the Chrome Browser which can cause an err_cache_miss error.
So it’s better to remove the file from the Chrome browser.
To clear the data,
- The first thing you need to do is go to More Tools and click on Clear Browsing data in the Google Chrome Browser. You can also go directly to the clear browsing data page by clicking ctrl+shift+del.
- After you go to the clear browsing data page, the next thing you have to do is check on all the items and click on Clear Data.
- This will erase all the Browsing Data.
2) Reset the Chrome Browser
You can also follow this method to fix the err_cache_miss error.
Resetting the browser will reset your startup page, a new tab page, search engine, and pinned tabs.
Moreover, it will also disable all the extension on your Chrome Browser.
To apply this method,
- Go to Settings and click on the Advanced option which is located at the bottom of the page.
- The next thing you need to do is go to the Reset and Clean up option.
- Click on the Restore settings to their original defaults and click Reset settings.
3) Upgrade your Browser
err_cache_miss error may also occur if you have an outdated Chrome browser.
So you can also upgrade the Google Chrome browser to its newest version and see whether the err_cache_miss error is solved or not.
4) Disable all Extensions
You can also disable some of the extensions you have installed on your Chrome browser to see whether the err_cache_miss error is fixed or not.
To disable the extensions,
- Go to More Tools and click on the extensions option of the Chrome Browser.
- After clicking the Extensions option, a page containing all the installed extension will appear before you.
- Disable the Extensions which you think is causing the err_cache_miss error. Moreover, you can also remove the extensions from the Google Chrome Browser.
5) Reset the network settings of your PC
If you are not able to fix the err_cache_miss error by following the above method, make sure to follow this method to fix this issue.
To Reset the Network settings
- Type cmd in the search box of your windows menu.
- Immediately a command prompt window will open before you.
- The next thing you have to do is type some of the commands one by one on the window.
- The commands are ipconfig/release, ipconfig/all, ipconfig/flushdns, ipconfig/renew, nets hint ip set dns, netsh winsock rest.
- After typing the command, press Enter.
- Restart your computer.
6) Disable Cache on your web browser
The last method I would like to recommend you disables the cache from your web browser.
To disable the Cache, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- The first thing you have to do is press ctrl+shift+I and immediately followed by press the F1 button.
- Afterward, a settings menu will open where you need to click on the Disable Cache option and restart your computer.
The err_cache_miss error is one of the weirdest error people find these days.
Therefore, it is very necessary to fix the err_cache_miss issue or Confirm form Resubmission error.
I recommend you to follow the above method precisely and I hope out of six method, one method will definitely fix the err_cache_miss error.