As you know, Origin is an online gaming, digital rights and distribution company which was developed by Electronic Arts.
With the help of this platform, the user can purchase games for PC and mobile platforms.
However, after purchasing the game when the user tries to play the game, Origin won’t open.
If you are one of those users who is facing the Origin won’t open issue then believe me I am going to tell you some of the important methods to fix this issue.
So without further ado, let’s begin.
How to fix Origin won’t open issue?
Method 1: Delete Origin Cache Files
The first method to fix the Origin won’t open issue is deleting its cache files.
To delete the cache files,
1. Press Windows key+R, type %ProgramData% and press the Enter button.
2. After opening the ProgramData Window, click the Origin folder.
3. After opening the Origin folder Window, keeping the LocalContent folder delete all the remaining files and folders.
4. Doing so, Restart your computer.
5. Check whether the Origin won’t open issue is solved or not.
If not check the other methods provided below.
Method 2: Reinstall Origin
The second method to fix the Origin won’t open is reinstalling the Origin application.
To apply this method,
1. Right-click on the Windows icon and click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a Program.
3. After opening the Uninstall a Program Window, right-click on the Origin application and click Uninstall.
4. After you are done with uninstalling, Install it again.
I hope reinstalling would help you to fix the Origin won’t open issue.
If the issue still persists, make sure you check the below methods.
Method 3: Check your AntiMalware Software
One of the reasons behind the Origin won’t open issue might be your AntiVirus Software which is causing this issue.
Therefore, you need to check your AntiVirus Software whether it is causing the issue.
One of the easiest ways to check your AntiVirus is disabling it and check whether the Origin won’t open issue is solved or not.
If the issue is solved, then the reason behind the issue is your AntiVirus Software and you need to uninstall it from your computer.
If not follow the other methods below.
Method 4: Update your Windows Operating System
The Origin won’t open issue also because of an outdated Windows OS.
Therefore, you need to update it as soon as possible.
To update your Windows Operating System,
1. Press Windows key+I and open the PC settings.
2. After opening the PC settings Window, click on the Update and Recovery.
3. Click Check for Updates and update your Windows Operating System.
Method 5: Update your Graphics Card Driver
The last method to troubleshoot the Origin won’t open issue is updating your Graphics Card Driver.
To update the Graphic Card Driver,
1. Right-click on the Windows icon and click Device Manager.
2. After opening the Device Manager Window, expand the Display Adapters.
3. Right-click on the Graphic Card Driver Software and click Update Driver Software.
4. Click Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software.
5. After updating your graphics card driver, check whether the Origin won’t open issue is solved or not.
The Origin won’t open issue is one of the weirdest error people encounter and I hope the above methods will definitely help you to fix this issue.
Check my other articles,
- How to stop Spotify from Opening on Startup?
- Everything you need to know about Conexant Smartaudio HD
- How to fix “local area connection” doesn’t have a valid ip configuration issue?
- How to fix DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine error
- Fix: nvlddmkm.sys error