You have probably faced the err_name_not_resolved error while using the Internet on your Google Chrome browser.
Let me tell you, the err_name_not_resolved error appears on your computer while you are trying to access any website.
So if you are one of those users searching for ways to fix the err_name_not_resolved error then I will definitely help you in finding a solution for you.
So without further ado, let’s begin.
How to fix the err_name_not_resolved error?
Method 1: Check your Connection
The very first method you should do to fix the err_name_not_resolved error is checking your Connection.
If you are using the Internet via a wireless connection, then I recommend you to change your connection to Wired Connection.
Change your connections and check whether the err_name_not_resolved error is solved or not.
If the err_name_not_resolved error still persists make sure you follow the other methods below.
Method 2: Clear the Browsing Data
The second method to troubleshoot the err_name_not_resolved error is clearing each and every Data of Google Chrome.
To clear the Data,
1. Click on the three dots which is situated in the top right corner of your computer screen (or press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys).
2. Go to More Tools and click Clear Browsing Data.
3. After opening the Window, tick all the options present in it and click Clear Data.
After clearing the Data, I hope the err_name_not_resolved error must be solved.
Method 3: Flush the DNS
The third method to fix the err_name_not_resolved error is flushing the DNS.
To apply this method,
1. Right-click on the Windows icon and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
2. After opening the Command Prompt (Admin) Window, type ipconfig /flushdns.
3. Press the Enter button.
4. Restart your computer.
I hope the err_name_not_resolved error is solved.
If not check the other methods below.
Method 4: Change the DNS settings
The fourth method to fix the err_name_not_resolved error is changing the DNS settings.
To apply this method,
1. Right-click on the Network icon and click on Network and Sharing Center option.
2. After opening the Window, click on Change Adapter Settings.
3. Right-click on your Network Connection and click on Properties.
4. After opening the Properties Window, select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/ IPv4) and click Properties.
5. After opening the Window, tick Use a following DNS Server addresses.
6. Type 184.108.40.206 in the preferred DNS server and 220.127.116.11 in the alternate DNS server.
7. Click Ok.
Method 5: Check your AntiVirus Software
The fifth method to fix the err_name_not_resolved error is checking your AntiVirus Software.
Let me tell you, your AntiVirus Software blocks various incoming and outgoing Data requiring for your computer which as a result causes this type of err_name_not_resolved error.
Therefore, in order to fix this issue, you need to check your AntiVirus Software.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to fix the issue is Disabling your AntiVirus Software.
Disable your AntiVirus Software and check whether the err_name_not_resolved error is solved or not.
Method 6: Update your Windows Operating System
After following all the above methods if the error still persists, then you need to update your Windows Operating System.
Let me tell you, Google Chrome browser shows err_name_not_resolved error as because of an outdated Windows Operating System.
Update your Windows Operating System and I hope the err_name_not_resolved error might be solved.
Updating your Windows Operating System is quite easy.
To update your Windows Operating System,
1. Press Windows key+ I and open the Settings Window.
2. After opening the Settings Window, click on Change PC Settings.
3. Click on Update and Recovery.
4. Click Check for Updates.
I hope updating your Windows Operating System will help you to troubleshoot the err_name_not_resolved error.
The err_name_not_resolved error is one of the weirdest error people encounter and I hope the above methods will definitely help you to fix the issue.
You will also like,
- How to Install/Update Sades headset drivers?
- Fix: netio.sys Error
- Fix: Minecraft no sound Issue
- How to fix NVIDIA display settings are not available error?
- Fix: PvP.net patcher kernel has stopped working error